Nadine Rubio, M.A. – IMF #87742
Marriage and Family Therapist, Intern
Professional Experience and Areas of Special Clinical Interest:
I am bilingual fluent in Spanish/English and provide services in English and Spanish. I obtained an AS in child Development in 2003 from Chaffey College, my BA in psychology from University of Phoenix in 2012, and MFT and PCC form National University. I am certified by the San Bernardino County probation Department as group facilitator since 2004. I am trained in Gestalt therapy and certified Community Health Worker for LGBTQ community. I am married and have four daughters ages 20, 18, 9, and 2 years old.
I have 11 years of experience as Facilitator/Therapist at a counseling center, experienced in facilitating psycho-educational groups and individuals. I have experience facilitating groups mainly for court mandated clients such as Domestic Violence “Batterers treatment program”, Anger Management, Parenting, and Child Abuse as well as Individuals. I also have experience working with the youth population: Victim Awareness, Teen anger management, Petty theft, and Gang Prevention and Intervention. I am cultural competent and have wide experience working with diverse cultures, ethnic groups, and backgrounds.
My desire and passion to help others what brought me to this fascinating field. Every individual, their case and needs are unique and should be treated with genuine support, care, guidance and encouragement. It’s a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with clients and their families and assisting them improve the quality of their lives by supporting them and helping them discover and utilize their own personal strengths to increase their full well-being as well as mental health.
- Domestic Violence
- Group Therapy Psychoeducational
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples Counseling
- Anger Management
- Victim Awareness
- Petty Theft
- Parenting Education
- Child Abuse
- Court-ordered counseling (adults and teenage problems)
- Hispanic Cultural issues
Credentials, Certifications, and Professional Training:
- Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy MFT from National University
- Master of Arts Degree in Professional Clinical Counselor from National University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from University of Phoenix.
- Associate Degree in Child Development from Chaffey College.
- Domestic Violence Facilitator certification from Anderson & Anderson Psychological Services. Certified since 2004.
- Member of CA Association of marriage Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Trained in Gestalt therapy and Psycho-educational.
- Certified Community Health Worker for LGBTQ community.
Modalities: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT), Psycho-educational Group Therapy, Humanistic Perspective, as Person Centered and Gestalt therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, and other treatment modalities according to the individual’s needs.
Fees & Availability:
A sliding-scale fee is based on household income. Fees are set prior to first session.
Available to see clients in the Riverside office.